battle START!
HERE are those placeholder battle sprites I mentioned earlier, I had to remake them because krita hated me and crashed :(
later today, my brother's going to start putting it all together into the start of a battle system. I've provided him with detailed notes about what I want which should hopefully help out - and if he does find my notes useful, they'll be the new standard for explaining what I want in terms for game features!!
update: it's later today!! here's what happens so far:
you get within an enemy's detection range, both of you react, and you transition to the battle room!! how cool is that???? this is EXACTLY what I had in mind!!!!
so I definitely think my notes for my brother helped to understand what I wanted, this is literally the Vision I had. I will continue to make notes for him from now on!
I forgot to make a proper placeholder transition animation whoopsss, we figured something out anyway
so now we (Guy) gotta learn how to display text, and more importantly, display the text we want depending on a number of factors, like HP, action options, that kind of thing. it's really interesting when making a game yourself that you realise just how many tiny things a game dev has consider to get even super overlooked stuff to work
meanwhile, im going to work on more sprites so we dont have to stall to very quickly make stuff like the fire animation. also, Guy and I have our own lives outside of making this game, so it might be a while before a major update like this. I'll still post about tiny art updates though!!!
dragon blazers is actually becoming real im so excited-!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
here's all the placeholder sprites not visible in the gif in case you'd like to see them. there's no more update from here, so skip this if you'd prefer, you'll see them all eventually..!
there's the hurt and action sprites for the leader, mage and fish enemy, plus 'befriend-in-progress', and 'you won through befriending!' sprites for the fish enemy. for the real thing, I hope to make the action sprites much more dramatic, most likely more than still images

Comments
Post a Comment